Quite proud of himself, Jake poses by the potty for a picture commemorating the fact that he is officially on the road to being a BIG BOY. He has been wearing pull ups for a month now and stays dry all day. I can't tell you how little I miss changing those poopy diapers!!! I have to give a great deal of credit to Miss Julie- she did most of the training, sitting him on the potty every 20 minutes for several weeks. Still, Jake deserves the credit for making the decision to get it done. Not to be too graphic, but it is pretty amusing the urgency with which he tells me he has to " GO POOP! RIGHT NOW, MOMMY!" and the ensuing rush to the bathroom makes me feel like I have joined some sort of Mommy Club. He still resists wearing big boy underpants- despite the fact that we have sbout 15 pair in all sorts of his favorite designs- Bob Builder, Thomas, Elmo, etc.... Our deal is that he can have gum (something he has been wanting for at least a year now) when he wears his big boys and stays dry for a week. So far the bribe doesn't seem to be working, but we'll keep you posted! In any case, I am relieved to know that my son won't go to high school wearing a diaper. Now if we can only get him to give up that binky....
Feb 7, 2006
Potty Training Success!
Quite proud of himself, Jake poses by the potty for a picture commemorating the fact that he is officially on the road to being a BIG BOY. He has been wearing pull ups for a month now and stays dry all day. I can't tell you how little I miss changing those poopy diapers!!! I have to give a great deal of credit to Miss Julie- she did most of the training, sitting him on the potty every 20 minutes for several weeks. Still, Jake deserves the credit for making the decision to get it done. Not to be too graphic, but it is pretty amusing the urgency with which he tells me he has to " GO POOP! RIGHT NOW, MOMMY!" and the ensuing rush to the bathroom makes me feel like I have joined some sort of Mommy Club. He still resists wearing big boy underpants- despite the fact that we have sbout 15 pair in all sorts of his favorite designs- Bob Builder, Thomas, Elmo, etc.... Our deal is that he can have gum (something he has been wanting for at least a year now) when he wears his big boys and stays dry for a week. So far the bribe doesn't seem to be working, but we'll keep you posted! In any case, I am relieved to know that my son won't go to high school wearing a diaper. Now if we can only get him to give up that binky....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment