May 1, 2006

Won't Be Unemployed for Long!

Well, after an interesting and eventful 24 hour trip to Boise last month, I have a job! Actually, it is not just a job- it is the teaching job of my dreams! I interviewed at two very different schools- one "back to basics" and one to the far left of center (I call it "The Hippy School). One of the places I LOVED and one I couldn't imagine working in. Can you guess which was which???
I will be teaching 4/5 at Foothills School of Art and Science in downtown Boise. Their focus is on teaching kids HOW to think and HOW to learn, they foster creativity in all its forms, and allow for autonomy of both students and teachers. I hope I enjoy it as much as I think I will. Though sad to leave Sycamore- my home for the last ten years- I am so excited to begin this new professional adventure.

No comments: