

Autumn has arrived. The leaves are beginning to change and fall, the nights have started to get cold and dark, and the baseball playoffs have started. The Hidden Springs Harvest festival was this weekend. It was billed as the 10th annual harvest festival and was projected to attract 10,000 visitors from the Treasure Valley, so we were PUMPED to attend to say the least. We set aside the whole weekend for family fun, crafts, corn dogs and music. Grandpa Pete flew in for the weekend to join in the festivities........the actual event, while not failing to live up to expectations (mine at least, Marisa expected the Thanksgiving Day parade as always), barely made it TO the expectations level. I think we bought into the hype (yes, for a harvest festival, we have two boys and a third on the way, this is MAJOR LEAGUE ENTERTAINMENT right now) and it was a little disappointing. There was good food and music, and some crafts, but if 10,000 people came, those were 10,000 boooored people.
We had a good time taking the boys, and Pete got to see a good example of the kind of community that we live in. The pumpkins were cheap and it was a fun way to fill a weekend. But for next years travel planners....really only a half-day thing.
We had a very nice visit with Pete. Jake stayed home from school on Friday with "Poppa" and proceeded to wear "Poppa" out. They played tennis, baseball and Jakes favorite hobby, asking questions. I swear that sometimes I think he forgets to breathe, he talks so much. Pete was definately ready for some adult time when Marisa and I got home from work. I think Pete was as flabbergasted as we are that we will be adding a third child to the mix. He did agree with us that Tanner is the king of low maintenence babies however. Both boys were well behaved and miss thier poppa already.
Things otherwise are going well. I like my job, it's okay, not great. Marisa likes hers not so much and is thinking about making a change, but is soldiering through. We find out in a couple of weeks whether we will be adding a boy or a girl to the madness......talk to you then.
No comments:
Post a Comment