Oct 23, 2006

"My Three Sons" or "Brothers and Sisters"?

Kacie Olivia Alan made her first appearance today. Yep... it's a GIRL!

I was so surprised I kept asking the doctor, "Are you sure? I am pretty certain we're having a boy!". But she showed us the telltale three white dots (labia) and the clearly absent penis. (Don't even try to make out the details in the above picture- if you really want to- picture her doing a cannonball with a camera shooting from underneath. That's her butt in the picture. Just trust us!). Typical girl...she was already refusing to be photographed and kept her little face covered with her hands the entire time, so no headshots of our daughter yet.

Most importantly, however, Kacie appears perfectly healthy and is growing right on target. Jake had a huge grin when we picked him up at school and told him the news and when we even mentioned thinking about other names he became quite indignant and said, "My sister's name is Kacie Olivia!". In keeping with tradition we ran straight to the nearest baby store and bought a little newborn outfit- it was so much fun to browse the girl's side of Baby Gap this time :)

I had prepared in my head my post if it was a boy: The Top 10 Reasons We Are Glad to Have All Boys. Included on this list were things like: "We'll never have to pay for a wedding". "Ages 11-17" and "No Barbies!". I guess we'd better start a new list: "Two Boys and a Girl: How Great is That??"

Love to everyone.

No comments: