Nov 11, 2006

Happy Halloween!!!!!!



Happy Halloween a little bit late. We had a very good Halloween.... lots of fun....It was COLD here. I think Halloween night was in the low 30's but the week leading up to that the mornings were in the teens and there has been some light snow dusting on some of the lower peaks around Boise, so winter is definately on the way.

Trick or treating is so different here than it was in Livermore. This is such a young neighborhood. In Livermore we usually bought a couple of bags of candy, knowing that we would have leftovers for awhile (which was a good thing). Here we bought two of the big bags and had to shut down when we ran out of candy before 8:00. Compared to the 20 or so trick-or-treaters we got in Livermore, we got well over 100 here. The streets were a madhouse when we were out with Jake - Tanner got tired and I had to bring him home - then the doorbell rang off of the hook, and Jake got to pass out candy to the older kids (which he loved).

Jake went out trick-or-treating with his friend Cole, pictured above. He lives right down the street from us and is one of Jake's best friends. Jake is also playing over at his friend Ky's house this weekend and his friend Jesse's house next weekend, so he is making friends in the nieghborhood and school.

Tanner continues to freak me out a little bit - I am not a religious person (my family can attest) - but Tanner is Grandpa Simonich reincarnated. This was Auntie Sue's theory from the beginning as Tanner came into being just after Grandpa passed, and I thought it was a very sweet sentiment...but holy crap! If you catch him looking at you out of the corner of your eye, or you see him giving you Grandpa's signature smirk you just know it's him. No one else in the family has that smirk, not Eric, Lisa or me. I love the fact that it's there, it just really weirds me out...He turns one year old in two weeks - time flies...

We are off to see Lisa, John, Quincy and Jessa in Seattle for Thanskgiving. Jake loves his cousins and is very excited to go. I am expecting him to follow Quincy around like the last time we saw them.

Jake and I surprised Marisa when she was out of town last weekend by taking apart the bunkbeds in Tanner's (what will be KC's) room. We made one twin bed and bought some Tinkerbell sheets and a pillow at Walmart. I think it freaked Marisa out when she came home, I KNOW it freaked me out doing it. We are really looking forward to adding a girl to the family, but it is sure going to be a change in mindset.

I was in Salt Lake City last week for work and two radio stations have already made the switch to all Christmas Carols, all the time...what in the hell?!?!?

No comments: