Mar 13, 2007

Glad to be Home



I can't believe it is Tuesday already and Faith is a week old. Time flies when you are having fun...

We arrived home from the hospital on Friday afternoon. After showing Faith around her home and settling back in, we had a few hours to rest before picking the boys up from school. That's when the real fun began! Both boys, understandably, were needy and wanted nothing more to do with The Grandmas once mom and dad were back in town. Tanner, especially, was having nothing to do with either Cori or Mary and only wanted DADDY. Since I am unable to pick him up (a little heartbreaking for me, yes) he cried everytime Brian left his sight. Jake- sensitive and emotional in the best of circumstances- tried his best to "behave" but was close to tears anytime anyone looked at him wrong. We spent the weekend trying our best to balance out attention to the two boys and Faith. Luckily it was a gorgeous spring weekend and we got to play baseball outside both days. Tanner was the ball boy, Jake alternated pitching and hitting with Brian, and Mary and Cori were the umpires/Tanner patrol. You guessed it... Faith and I were the loyal fans, cheering from the "bleachers" (a lone lawn chair on the patio). It was just what I needed to push through those initial baby blues and worries of chaos overtaking my world.

Faith seems to be the hungriest of my three babes. Unless I am remembering wrong, the boys didn't wake up that frequently at night to eat. This little girl is up every 1/5-2 hours. She, like her mama, likes her food! She is a doll and I love to watch her sleeping or look at her wide awake eyes as they scan the room, trying to make sense out of this new world she has found herself in. I have to admit I am loving the pink outfits and am getting over my shock each time I change her diaper and find something other than boy parts down there. As trite as it may sound, we are truly blessed by this surprise baby.

Tanner continues to charm with his easy disposition, his expanding vocabulary, the pure joy he exhibits when playing games such as "Throw the Baby Aspirator" and "Monkey Toss", and his wonderful ability to sleep for LONG stretches at night :)

Although Jake continues to vex us with his unwillingness to sleep in his own bed (our room now consists of our bed, the dog's bed, Faith's crib, and Jake's mat) and his sleeping hours now mimic ours: bed at 9, wake up at 7:30 (except he doesn't have to get up with Faith all night long!), we still think he's a keeper and are hoping he won't still be on our floor the night before high school graduation. He is so excited about his birthday party this weekend. He has no idea, but Auntie Sue is showing up for a surprise visit in order to be at the party. The real question is: Will he play with his school friends or only have eyes for his Auntie Sue?

Mom had to leave on Sunday, but it was so nice to have her here while we were in the hospital and for our first two days home. Mary is taking great care of us all as I recuperate. I am actually feeling really good... tired and sore, but good. Thanks to everyone for your well-wishes. We miss you all and can't wait to introduce you to the newest (and last!) member of our family :)

No comments: