



Let me just say (not for the first time and probably not for the last) I cannot imagine being a single mom. Brian has been gone for training in LA for almost two weeks. I'm not sure who misses who the most. Brian has been so sad without his boys and daughter (and wife, he assures me). He keeps asking me how the kids (still feels really weird not to say "the boys") are changing and is worried they will "be different kids" when he returns. He talks to them 2-3 times each day. The boys also miss him a bunch. Jake has been keeping a calendar on our blackboard and "x"ing one day off each night. There were a lot of distractions, however. My mom was here to help for the entire time (Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Ma!), then all my sisters came to visit for a long weekend. Aunt Kiri stayed on for another 3 days and, baseball fan and "Boy Mom Extraordinare" that she is, she entertained Jake immensely. Tanner just keeps repeating "Dada! Dada!" loudly and often, especially when he notices Brian's car out front or when he sees my cell phone. Faith, obviously, is still too young to notice, but let me tell ya... I NOTICE, especially at 12, 3, and 5AM when she wants to eat and I am the only one to get up with her! (To be fair, my mom has been WONDERFUL and has taken her quite a bit in the wee hours, but it's just not the same as having Brian here to do the duty!). I have never been without him for this long- in our six years together. It has definitely been a challenge and I miss him like crazy. So, it's a toss up. He misses us; we miss him. All I know is that we are all counting the hours until our family is together again and remembering how blessed we are to only have had to do two weeks apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment