Nov 1, 2007

Trick or Treat

Faith was just about the sweetest ear of corn I've ever seen. Tanner loved his dinosaur costume,despite being unable to walk in the "claws", and Jake enjoyed throwing make believe spider webs at all passersby while trick or treating last night. Thank goodness my mom was here- we definitely needed the extra pair of hands while getting them all ready, pictures taken, and out and about for the festivities. We had to divide and conquer: I took Jake, Brian had Tanner, and my mom wheeled Faith around in the stroller. After going around the block with all 6 of us, Jake and I joined up with another family in the neighborhood to continue the serious trick-or-treating while Brian and Tanner went home to answer the door and hand out candy and mom took Faith home and put her to sleep.

Jake loved running from house to house while my friend and I kept toasty warm with the hot toddies, hot cocoa, and hot cider that many houses were handing out to the adults. Best quote of the night? Overheard from a father: "Time is candy, Josh. Let's keep moving!" The kids were out in the hundreds (literally). Though warmer than last year, it was down to 35 by the time we got home a little before 9 and Jake and I were both ready to cuddle up under a blanket. Jake dumped out his candy and Brian, mom, and I laid claim to our favorites while he dove in for a few more bites before bed.



No comments: