Jan 25, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane...



Marisa is off to a conference in Florida this weekend, she left first thing this morning. She is really sad to be away from the kids for this long. As an aside, when I left for two weeks earlier this year, I was told to stop saying how hard it would be to be away from them (Faith was 1 month old!) because it would be a "vacation" and "heaven" to be able to sleep through the night. Don't think I didn't bring that up in response to her statements this week. To be fair, she felt really badly and apologized, now that she knows how hard it is to be away. So being the "supportive spouse", I am going to use the blog a little differently over the next three days to try to help the love of my life stave off some homesickness.

Honey -

After we dropped you off at the airport we made it across town in just enough time for Jake to use the bathroom at Tanner and Faith's daycare so he didn't have to pee in your Starbucks Travel Cup. Here are some other highlights from the day:

1. Jake and I went out to breakfast - try to guess where....While eating, we were having a good conversation about who was better at certain things between you and I. Jake voted me the best rememberer, the best cooker and the strongest, but voted you the best parent because you don't get angry with him :(

2. We played volleyball. He wanted to play for points until he fell behind and then he fell apart. (For everyone else reading - there has been precious little sleep had in our house the last few nights - big surprise huh?). We got through it and I thought he let it go, until two things happened. The drawing here is of him and you playing volleyball, which he likes better, because "you're (being me) too good". Then an hour or so later, while driving to the grocery store, we had the following conversation: " Dad, I know what I am going to do in college." What buddy?" "I am going to get really good at volleyball so I can come home and beat you all the time." Talk abo
ut holding a grudge

3. Jake wants to explain his drawing to you." Mom - it's about volleyball. There's flowers on it. It says , "Mom, I hope you have a very nice day in Las Vegas. That's all that it says." (Las Vegas is her layover city)

4. Jake (a weird child in MANY regards) stayed home from school today while I worked from home. He watched, Airbud Volleyball - a movie about a Golden Retriever who plays volleyball and (for the 20th or so time) the 2006 Fiesta Bowl DVD of Oklahoma State v. Boise State.....


5. The boys did a great job playing by themselves while I made dinner and fed Faith. Here's an action shot of a spirited game of "Keep the Balloon Up".

No comments: