Tanner and I had a really good morning on Sunday.We got up and went out to McDonald's for some breakfast and a quick game of foosball (we have REALLY different McDonald's here...) Then off to the pond for his first real fishing trip (granted, it lasted about 1/2 hour from beginning to end).
Tanner caught his first fish! A little Bluegill, in the exact same place that Jake caught his first fish last year. This little pond has about 1,000.00 little Bluegill in it this time of year, and it's easier to catch them than to avoid catching them while you are trying to catch larger fish. Tanner had a good time, but is still a little young to really be fishing, so I had to help him cast and then he reeled it in. I unhooked the fish, but
like his brother, he wanted nothing to do with it so that's why the awkward picture while I tried to take the photo left handed. It's a horrible picture of Tanner, but tell me that the fish isn't thinking, "What in the hell is going on here?" It's the first time I have ever caught an expression on a fish (he was released unharmed and swam back to the others with a great story..). After Tanner saw what was involved, he didn't want to fish anymore, but wanted to sit and watch me, refusing to leave until I finally talked him into it by promising a trip to the pool.Additionally, he is starting to really develop his taste in music. We had the iPod on in the car and he kept saying, "No me like dis song". So out of curiosity, I kept fast forwarding, and he kept saying "Not dis song..". We did this for about 30 songs, until he got to one he liked and gave his seal of approval to.....the song....."Amarillo by Morning" by George Strait....it makes a Daddy so proud....
No comments:
Post a Comment