So......it's really just a big mall with a play area, right??
Okay, so the answer to that question is a really big no. The Mall of America is HUGE, with a full blown amusement park built right into the middle of it. And an aquarium. And a water slide park. And a lot of really useless stores such as "Alpaca World" and "As Seen on TV". That being said, it is also someplace we never need to go back to. Amazingly, though, the only money we spent was on the amusement rides for Jake and TJ- and a few Diet Cokes (OK..... and ONE funnel cake to share!).
The kids had a great time, playing and riding rides through nap time. We took Faith and Tanner for a walk around the mall after lunch at Bubba Gumps, hoping to get them to nap. Faith fell asleep for about an hour but Tanner would have none of it. In fact, he insisted on pushing the stroller around himself- kind of the opposite or a nap! Auntie Sue let each of the 7 kids pick out something from the Nickelodeon Store. That's Faith wearing her hat from the store. Tanner and Jake both picked out Sponge Bob hockey sets.
Jake loved the bumper cars and the other car
rides. In the afternoon he asked for me to take him on the 'Fairly Odd Parents' roller coaster, which I didn't think was a good idea, but I told Marisa, I didn't want to crush his spirit by saying I thought it might be too scary, so I took him on it. He was having a great time... until we got to the top of the first hill, then it was sheer panic for the rest of the ride. It was one of those rides that has a video camera in the car (and you can buy the DVD for $9.95 afterwards), but they preview it for you after you are done. The look on Jake's face was almost worth the price of the DVD. It took him awhile to get his sea legs back after that one! I took Tanner on a few rides as well- that's him on the ferris wheel in the photo. He loved it and waved to Mom and Faith down below each time we went around. Eventually, he and Faith gave into the exhaustion and we left around 4:00. I'm not sure who was more tired: them or us!
No comments:
Post a Comment