Oct 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Halloween


Both boys want to be Boise State football players for Halloween this year (Jake will actually be a "steelheads hockey player dressed as a Boise State football player " since he really wanted a mask to be involved in some way in his costume.) Faith is going to be a black cat. Mom bought the costume for her so I have yet to see it, but I'm sure she will look adorable. However, for the Halloween party at the Merc last Saturday we dug out our costume bin and let the kids choose what to wear. Jake settled easily on Spiderman (from last year and a bit snug if you ask me), Tanner tried on the clown suit (my personal favorite), the bear, and Superman before settling on the chicken costume. Faith went with the bear, after deciding right away that she wanted absolutely nothing to do with the chicken suit. Smart girl, that one. Anyway, the party wasn't very exciting, but there is another neighborhood party this weekend, then the trick-or -treating to look forward to.

The leaves are all red here and the weather is gorgeous. By this time next week, though, I bet the trees will be bare. It is still partly dark when we walk to school in the mornings and we are all bundled up in woolen hats in the AM, while changing to short sleeves by afternoon. I love this time of year!!

Tanner and Faith took a field trip to a local pumpkin patch/corn maze and Tanner just couldn't stop talking about it. He took a tractor/hay ride and picked out a pumpkin and drank juice and ate popcorn and did art and did I tell you about the tractor ride?and the popcorn and juice? I'm sure he'd love to tell you all about it when you see him!

No comments: