He continues to love Kindergarten and is learning far more than I ever could have imagined. He can read- really read. It is incredible to me. And he can tell time and count change and write sentences. I have my issues with his school and the academic focus but since he is in all day K he gets a hefty dose of all the fun stuff, too, so I have made peace with it (mostly). The most important thing is that he is so happy there. He has so many friends. The best thing we heard at his parent conference was that he "is confident in who he is"- that he "is his own person". If we can hold onto that for a while, that's all we could ask for.
Funny story about Jake: The kids play this game they call "Stroller Girl" which consists of the boys riding their mini trucks around the downstairs, chasing Faith who is pushing her doll stroller. So the other day they were
He loves playing basketball still and loves watching Football on TV. He still gets sad that he won't be allowed to play "professional football" (anything more than playing with friends out on the green) and lamented that "It's not fair that Faith and Tanner both have two kidneys and can play football!" on the way home from his annual ultrasound. He then ammended this statement to say, "Well, Faith can't. She can only play tennis or golf". That got my inner feminist riled up but when I told him that it wasn't true, he pointed out that there are no girls on Major League B'Ball teams or in the NFL, NHL, or NBA. I vowed to make him watch the WNBA but will not under any circumstances allow him to watch anything called "Powder Puff Football".
No comments:
Post a Comment