Mar 19, 2009

Jake's Birthday


We had ten boys to Gem State Gymnastics for Jake's party over the weekend. It was a lot of fun- there were trampolines and bouncy houses, swinging ropes and a pit full of foam that the kids could jump into. It was pretty much "free play" for an hour on all the equipment. Brian and I had our hands full keeping Tanner and Faith out of harm's way. Faith almost got nailed by one of the kids on the swinging rope thingy. She loved the balance beam and spent most of her time scooting along that and playing on the indoor playground slide. Tanner did everything the big kids did. After cake and presents we took two of Jake's friends out to dinner with us, then had one of them spend the night. We had movie night with Madagascar 2 and pancakes for breakfast.

On his real birthday we had dinner over at the Merc with Grandma. He opened his presents there. He got several Wii games and some football/basketball shirts. He was enthusiastic about everything and came home to try out the MLB Wii game before bed. The flag football set that Brian picked up at the last minute was the big hit, though. He's now ready to host 10 person flag football games on the green across from the Merc on Friday Nights this summer. He also got his first cup- which he thought was pretty funny- , a "real" football, and a subscription to Sports Illustrated for Kids.

At bedtime I told him all about the night he was born and sang him the first song I ever sang to him(Irish Lullabye). That's when he popped the question: "Mom, how DO babies get born anyway?". I told him how he and his brother and sister were born (cutting open my tummy). Then he asked how most babies are born. So, I told him all about it. He giggled, looked a little embarrassed and said, "Mom.... that is REALLY weird!".

He is smart and funny and warm hearted. He loves Sportscenter and books , music and Wii, four square and cheeseburgers. He has lots of friends, is willing to try new things on his own, and is one of the sweetest people I know. I am lucky to be his Mom and even when he is trying my every last nerve I am so proud of the person he is becoming.

No comments: