May 9, 2009

Tanner

Tanner Bee-nanner, TanMan, Tanner Pants, TJ

No matter what you call him, he is a character. He is the most loving boy- so affectionate. He has definitely been more of a Mama's Boy lately- and I don't mean that in a negative way. My kids have always been partial to their daddy in many ways but lately Tanner wants me and I have to admit, it is really nice! He will crawl up into bed or onto the couch and cuddle with me. It was really hard for him when I was sick last week and he wasn't allowed to kiss me or get too close (dr's orders).

He takes to people really quickly. My mom had a friend visit recently (Carol) and Tanner just fell in love with her. On several mornings after dropping Jake at school I took the little ones over to Nana's for morning coffee and treats. Both days when Carol was there Tanner went upstairs to talk to her while she was getting showered and dressed. He definitely charmed her!

He plays really well with Faith. The two of them definitely have a special relationship, being so close in age. He told me the other day that when he gets old enough he will drive Faith around in the car to where she wants to go and in that instant I could just see it: Faith in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dash bossing Tanner around as he takes her to the mall. Seriously- they are so cute together. Watching them sometimes they remind me of an old married couple- loving and affectionate but also knowing exactly how to push the other's buttons! She calls him "My Tana" and he is almost always delighted to see her after her naps or in the morning when she wakes up.

He also really looks up to Jake, but their relationship is more stereotypical, I think. Neither Brian nor I ever had a brother, so this "brother relationship" is somewhat a mystery to us both. They can play really nicely together and then all of a sudden things will fall apart for seemingly no reason. I don't see competition between them yet, at least not from Tanner's side, but know that it will probably be an issue as they get older.

He can run us ragged some days, being naughty just to see what will happen- especially when he is overtired, but the sweetness and charm win me over every time. He loves to have one-on-one time with each of us and thrives when we are alone.

I know that every mother in the world thinks this, but I am so lucky to have this kid in my life.

No comments: