Faith Takes on Pend Oreille
After the rather chaotic first camping trip of the season we left for this one with some trepidation. Doing without sleep for one night was one thing, but four nights could have been disastrous. The first night we showed her we meant business and took her out to the Suburban for a "time out" when she wouldn't settle down. This must have put the fear of God in her as she rose to the occasion for the rest of the trip and although she did spend at least 15 minutes each bedtime jumping on the air mattress and yelling, 'I JUMPING TANA! I JUMPING!" she settled down much easier. She couldn't quite get the hang of sleeping on the air mattress, though, and was found each night in varying degrees of what looked like extreme discomfort. One morning I woke to find her with her head on the hard ground and her legs on the mattress, the next morning I found her in the opposite pose. And, of course, one night she ended up in bed with Brian and I.
Her favorite activity was playing on the beach. One day she spent over half an hour taking sand and putting it on top of her hand, then taking a plastic container of water and rinsing it off. Over and over and over and over. She was perfectly content. She also loved playing with her cousins- and they definitely doted on her full force. She loved picking up rocks in the campground and she asked me to put them all in my pockets. Our trips to the restroom would take about three times as long as they should because she would have to stop multiple times to pick up the rocks (really just gravel from the road) and hand them to me to hold. She was a little nervous about the boat at first, but loved it once she realized I would be holding her tightly the entire time. She kept saying how much fun it was but made it abundantly clear that she did not want to go on the inner tube behind the boat (not that I would have let her!) or into the water in any way shape or form.
No comments:
Post a Comment