First Grade First Day
We did our annual "Back to School Shopping Extravaganza" several weekends ago in which each of the kids got to pick out a brand new outfit and shoes from Target. Considering my kids are raised in 90% thrift store finds and hand-me-downs, this is always a big event. I had to bite my tongue on both Jake and Faith's picks- skull shoes for him and Dora shoes for her. But they were so excited to get to wear them this morning.
We walked Jake to school together. Jake rode his scooter and Brian and I pulled the other kids in the wagon. There was a lot of excitement and some nervousness- especially when the principal announced at the flag salute that parents were not supposed to walk inside with the kids, but rather to say goodbye outside. Luckily there were no tears.
I
saw several friends that I haven't seen in the last few weeks who asked me when I would be starting MY first day- and I had to fill them in on my return to Apangea and the demise of my teaching position at Rolling Hills. Although I was really bummed when the change in plans occurred, I was so grateful today that I was able to go with the entire family and drop Jake off, pick him up, and get to have that quality time with the kids. That wouldn't have been possible had I been teaching.
Brian and I picked Jake up at 3:15 and took him to the Merc for a First Day of School treat. He told me that he loves his teacher and made a new friend named Gabe. Should be a good year!
No comments:
Post a Comment