Seriously.
I am not kidding- after stomach flu and H1N1 resolved themselves last Monday we had three days of health (I unfortunately was out of town on a business trip so didn't get to enjoy it!) before I came down with strep on Thursday night. I was deathly ill on Friday (at least it felt like it) and dragged myself to the Dr. where they promptly gave me a big shot of penicillin. It hurt! But like I told the nurse, it did take my mind off the pain of swallowing. I recovered on Sunday, but as anticipated, Jake and Tanner came down with it Sunday evening and were put on Amoxicillin on Monday AM. The fun never stops in the Alan Family!
snowboarded on the Wii, participated in Movie Night with Ice Age 3, and played on our swing set. Tanner also had to make a poster about himself so with my help (a mom's job doesn't end just because she can't swallow without gripping an armchair tightly and bracing herself...) we created a poster to celebrate his "specialness". He shared it on Tuesday with his classmates and we were excited to come watch. We fully anticipated that he wouldn't say much or would rely on us, but he shocked the heck out of us by marching up to the front of the classroom, taking the teacher's pointer, and talking about each picture on the poster loud enough for us all to hear! We were very proud of him!
We are celebrating his b'day (his first real party!) on Saturday. We invited three friends from preschool and are going to the Merc for pizza and the hockey cake he picked out. We rented a bounce house from the local high school kid that started an Inflatables business here in Hidden Springs. Unfortunately I had to book this party amidst the chaos of three sicknesses and inadvertently booked it during Jake's basketball game, which Brian has to coach. So..... it will be Mom and I at the party with a "family party" later in the day. Oh, well. All things considered, I think we are lucky we got a party planned at all. Now if we can all just stay healthy to enjoy it! What's next....... bubonic plague????
We are celebrating his b'day (his first real party!) on Saturday. We invited three friends from preschool and are going to the Merc for pizza and the hockey cake he picked out. We rented a bounce house from the local high school kid that started an Inflatables business here in Hidden Springs. Unfortunately I had to book this party amidst the chaos of three sicknesses and inadvertently booked it during Jake's basketball game, which Brian has to coach. So..... it will be Mom and I at the party with a "family party" later in the day. Oh, well. All things considered, I think we are lucky we got a party planned at all. Now if we can all just stay healthy to enjoy it! What's next....... bubonic plague????
No comments:
Post a Comment