Jan 9, 2010

Done with Diapers

It is truly the end of an era here in the Alan household: Seven years of uninterrupted diaper use has officially come to a close.

We didn't have high hopes for Faith and the potty. She showed no interest in getting out of diapers. In fact, when she pulled a pack of big girl panties out of her Christmas stocking she looked at them disdainfully, threw them to me (at me?) and said, "I DON'T WANT THESE!". We figured we had our work cut out for us. Sure enough, Jan 1st (the target start date for Operation Done With Diapers) was spent with her peeing on everything except the potty. She would sit on it, declare that she didn't have any pee in her, then proceed to pee on the kitchen floor two minutes later. This happened all day long.

I left before dawn on Sunday for a five day trip to Pittsburgh for work, called Brian later that evening and found out that Faith was potty trained. Seriously. She got up Sunday and just decided she was done with diapers. Since then she has had two accidents at daycare, but other than that is every bit of a Big Girl. We took her to the store today to pick out her own panties (still undecided if I want to call them panties, undies, underwear, unders, or something else....) and she chose a My Little Pony package along with a pack of Dora designs. She is very proud of herself and announced today that now that she is a big girl she doesn't have to nap. Now that's a milestone I am definitely NOT ready for!

I am grateful to be done with diapers- but to be honest- a little sad that the "baby stage" of my life has ended for real. Is that weird?

No comments: