Tanner is very excited to be in pre-kindergarten this year. And be sure if you see him not to call it "preschool". That would not be accurate. He is in PRE KINDERGARTEN and is VERY proud of that fact. His little sister is in preschool- that's for babies. He's in the big kid class now!
He started today. He, too, had picked out a first day of school outfit that consisted of a t-shirt and gym shorts. In his case the gym shorts were too big and had to be folded over to avoid showing his little booty to his classmates. He is a bit more apt to pick out "fancy" clothes than his big brother is, and will sometimes even ask me if he can "dress up" on any given day. Still, when we took our annual trek to Target to pick out BTS clothes, he ended up with the typical uniform of my boys. He was very excited for school to start again. I think he really missed it over the summer. He has three teachers this year due to his large class size and he loves them all, though he says Miss Rachel is his favorite. We didn't know how he would react at drop off today- last year he cried quite a bit and though he was enthusiastic this year, we worried when push came to shove that he would be emotional. But, nope. He did great. Signed his name (traced it, actually) and walked right in to the art table.
After school we picked him up and took him to his First Day of School Lunch at the Merc. Just the three of us. Good times. I love when we get that "two on one" time. Getting him to tell us about school is like pulling teeth, often getting "I don't know" to all of our questions. Today he was a little more forthcoming: He played with Gus outside on the bikes, he made a picture frame that is blue with decorations, and he read a book about dinosaurs jumping on the bed. He was tuckered out at the end of the day and fell asleep immediately.
Tanner is so funny these days. Still my little love. Still loves to cuddle and snuggle and tell me how much he loves me and how I am the "best mommy ever". And, yes, I eat it up. He has been really into building with Legos lately and everyday at Miss Wendy's shows me his latest creations. Last week it was an entire zoo with all type of animals in cages. He still plays so well with Faith. Those two are so close. One of Brian and I's greatest hopes is that their special relationship continues into adolescence and adulthood. Ever since Las Vegas he has been really into The Lion King. He and Faith want to watch it all the time and I often let them because they are so cute acting out all of the scenes. They assign parts to each other and then literally act out every scene as it is happening. He also has taken to acting the part of a "skater dude" and puts up his peace fingers and says things like, "Peace y'all, Dude!" and "Peace y'all, Woman!". I can't help but crack up.
While he still gets naughty when he is overtired and can try our patience with his acting out, he is really well behaved and so, so, so polite and respectful. He's the one that when I serve dinner will say, "Thank you, Mom, for this great dinner!" and things like that. He is starting to perceive inequity in every situation and sees unfairness everywhere he looks. "But why does JAKE get to stay up later than me?" and "I NEVER get to do XYZ!!". My poor middle child.
This little guy has my heart on a string. Mama's Boy, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment