Nov 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

It took me awhile to get into the Halloween Spirit this year. On Sunday I finally felt like participating and we carved the pumpkin and made pumpkin seeds. Up till that point the most I had done was find Faith her cheerleader paraphenelia and went with Tanner's Kindergarten class to the pumpkin patch. Fall has been so beautiful here and I have enjoyed the weather and the trees and the chill in the air so much- but with the house on the market we didn't really get into the decorating part of Halloween.


Once again we had two football players. I think that is three years in a row. Easy, cheap costume! Plus the boys always get tons of comments from people in support of the Broncos. Although one house gave everyone else at their door two pieces of candy and the boys only got one piece each since the person that answered the door was a Vandals fan.


Faith went to preschool as a cheerleader and went trick or treating at the mall with Miss Wendy after school. That night she was a bat. She was thrilled with this last minute costume I found at the thrift store and kept saying all night, "Mom, thank you SO MUCH for getting this for me. I LOVE it!". She ran down the street flapping her wings and making bat noises. Most people thought she was a cat but she happily corrected them while taking their candy.


Jake invited a friend along this year and they ran on up ahead of us on each block and waited for us at the end of each street. It was kind of bittersweet in that I know this could be the one of the last Halloweens when Jake wants to be with us. Soon he will be off on his own with his friends and mom and dad will be so "uncool". Ugh.


As always there were a ton of kids out in the neighborhood and many adults set up outside with their buckets of candy and bonfires. It's always so festive here. The weather wasn't too cold so no heavy coats were needed- which is always nice! We were out for about 90 minutes and the kids raked in the candy. Seriously WAY TOO MUCH candy. I have no willpower so after the kids go to bed I raid it all. I am all "butterfingered" out now and it is only the 2nd of November!


So now we are on a slippery slope to the New Year. Hard to believe. Conferences are this week, then there's Tanners b'day,Turkey Day, followed closely by Christmas and New Year's. Wow. Time is flying by way too quickly. The chill in the air has already turned COLD- especially in the mornings when it is 25 degrees or so! There is so much to look forward to and so much to be thankful for.


No comments: