Feb 21, 2012

Won't You Be Mine?


On Valentine's Day I got home from work, Faith in tow, and we discovered the boys all playing baseball on the Green, my mom making us dinner in the kitchen, and a tall vase of tulips on our counter. The note read, "To my Forever Valentine, Love Daddy".  Faith couldn't believe they were for her. Her eyes lit up. She ran over to the Green to give her daddy a hug and to say thank you then sat there at the counter smelling them and marveling at them with a huge smile on her face.

The roses Brian sent me arrived an hour or two later but really, I didn't need them. To be surrounded by such love with Nana doing something just because she knew I'd be tired after a long day at work, getting to watch my boys have a blast playing pre-season ball on the green with their favorite guy in the world, and witnessing the pure joy of a little girl receiving her first bouquet of flowers... I was good. The roses were just icing on the cake. Yep, it's sappy... but "lucky" doesn't even do it justice. Happy Valentine's Day 2012

No comments: