Mar 24, 2012

Tanner Rides

Last year it was time for Tanner to get up on two wheels. I took his training wheels off and we tried a couple of times on his old little bike. He was terrified and I was impatient and put the training wheels right back on....So THIS year it was time for Tanner to get up on two wheels.


Jake got a new BMX bike for his birthday, so we stepped Tanner up to Jake's old bike which is a little bigger and doesn't have training wheels to start with. It was sunny today and we were all out front, so I got Jake's bike down to see if it would fit Tanner. The plan wasn't to try anything today, I was still preparing for that down the road, remembering our last experience.


Anyway, he got on it to size it up and it fit him perfectly. He seemed confident and ready to go, so I asked him, "Do you want to try?". He nodded yes and bing...bang...boom he was off down the street. Took literally five minutes and he did it! He was so proud of himself and I felt awesome about it.


I guess there's something to be said about being ready when you're ready and not before. He was ready today and is off and riding.

No comments: