That being said, we are still dealing with quite a few construction fixes: Both upstairs bathrooms still need new flooring (In the boys bath the toilet leaked before we moved in and damaged the floor and Faith's floor wasn't put in correctly to begin with). Our master shower has been fixed but yesterday they tore out our entire vanity area to redo the cabinetry, mirrors, and tile backsplash. Hopefully that will be done by the end of today. Still waiting on kitchen cabinets to be completed and our entertainment center to be redone. Sound like a mess? Yep, it kinda was. Not a big fan of our builder. That would actually be a BIG understatement. Let's just say it's good that I am not violent by nature.
Kids are doing great. It is so hard to believe that this school year is almost over. 3 weeks left and then I will be the mother of a 4th grader, a 1st grader, and a Kindergartener. That will begin a three year stint of all three kids being in the same school. Given that our middle school is 7-9 and our high school is 10-12 this will be the only three years that they will all be together. I'd better savor it! Faith will have the same K teacher that Tanner and Jake both had so we are really excited about that, too. She can't wait. The boys are so happy there and have had such amazing teachers so far. We are truly blessed with kids that like learning and with a school that makes it fun.
We are busy making summer plans and trying to figure out how to fit in everything that we want to do: waterskiing, camping, summer baseball, etc... The time just flies by too fast and I know fall will be here before we know it. We have a week at Lake Shasta in mid-August for Brian's family reunion on his dad's side but other than that we will be staying in Idaho. I am hoping that many summer evenings find us outside on our patio or at the lake on our boat. Work should be slower than it has been lately- although I will have to travel to Pittsburgh for a week in July and eastern Idaho in late June.
We are getting new neighbors!! Sheila and Wayne's house is finally being built. It is three doors down and it's too late for them to back out now. The foundation is being poured as I type this. All of us are so excited and we hope they don't come to regret living three doors down from our chaos. I literally will be able to step out on my back patio and invite them over for drinks. Or borrow half and half when I run out (which is often). Very cool.
Giants baseball on TV, good friends, summer weather, new home, happy kids. We can't ask for much more (well, except maybe an upstairs bathroom that doesn't have a toilet inside the shower...). Here's to Summer 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment