Jun 2, 2013

Old....I'm just so very, VERY old....

So some backstory....

A few weeks ago, I was out back mowing the lawn and listening to my iPod, when "Big City Nights" by the Scorpions came on. I had a vivid memory of being....I don't know how old, and mowing the lawn while listening to that same exact song on my.....must've been walkman at the time (I just googled it, release date 1984....so yeah, walkman.). I then realized that I have been mowing the lawn and listening to that song for almost 30 YEARS!

That right there was almost enough to make me lay down on the lawn and cry. Then, when relating that story to Marisa later, Jake piped in (as he ALWAYS does), that he wanted to start mowing the lawn. I immediately told him he wasn't old enough, to which my better half asked how old I was when I started mowing the lawn....so there you go.

If anyone needs me I'll be on the front porch in the rocker with a glass of lemonade....

No comments: