I have been wanting to take the kids on a cable car for years now. I had built it up in my mind to be "The Ultimate San Francisco Experience". Out of this entire vacation I think the cable car thing was what I was looking forward to most. Brian was pretty sure I would be disappointed. You know when you hear so much good press about a movie before you see it that when you actually see it the movie doesn't live up to your inflated expectations? That DIDN'T happen here. The cable car ride yesterday was AWESOME. We met Kylie and Lisa in Union Square and bought our tickets. We got on the third car and all 7 of us stood up and held onto the outside of the car (even Faith!). It was kind of hectic getting on, as we were the last 7 people. Brian had Tanner and Faith and I was with Jake, Lisa and Kylie. The conductor spaced us out so there was an adult next to each child so Brian and I were separated by 5 people and it is a really narrow space and you are supposed to stand looking forward. About halfway through the ride Lisa asked Brian where Tanner was and he told her I had him.... ummmmm NOPE. A moment of panic ensued (probably only a half second) until Brian realized Tanner was in fact on the car with us, just a person or two back from he and Faith. Tanner wasn't scared though and we all had a blast. It was a beautiful day and the moment when the car rises on the hill and you see the Bay below was really cool. Just like in the Rice-a-Roni commercials.

We spent the next few hours at Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39. All of us loved watching the sea lions sumo wrestling in the sun and the kids, of course, loved shopping for their souveniers. Faith, no surprise here, picked out a stuffed kitten. Tanner and Jake shopped at the sports store and picked out Warriors, Raiders, and Yankees gear. We sat outside for lunch, walked to Ghiradelli Square, and finally took a cab ride back to Union Square where the kids and I watched the ice skaters while Brian did a little shopping. I had my turn to shop while Brian took the kids to the Disney Store and Adidas and Oakley. At about 6:00 we took 3 very tired kids back on BART to Oakland where they collapsed in front of the TV prior to falling quickly asleep.
City life is pretty fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment