We had a very leisurely morning complete with a workout in
an amazing workout facility there, breakfast overlooking the ocean, swimming,
hot tubbing, and snorkeling in the bay. We saw lots of cool, colorful fish. We had
planned to go for a hike at nearby Wailua Falls after lunch but realized we’d
have all our electronics with us since we’d pass it on the way back to Halewia,
plus it turns out it cost 15.00 per person to enter the park, so we decided to head
back to the beach instead. After
returning to camp and packing some stuff up, cleaning up, etc… we headed out to
Haleiwa State Beach and sat in our chairs reading our books while the sun shone
more brightly than it has all week. I think we both got hot for the first time
since we arrived! We hung out by the water for a couple of hours then headed
back into town to finish some shopping.
I saved my souvenir for last- a stop at the tattoo parlor
on our way to dinner. I’ve wanted one each time we have gone away together
(this is our third year) and hadn’t done it yet so we stopped in, asked if it
was possible to get the tattoo right then, found out it was, so I went for it.
Brian patiently waited outside while I listened to really bad 80’s music and
had my right ankle tattooed by a man with a tattooed face. But I can’t judge a
book by its cover because he was the nicest tattoo guy I’ve had yet (and this
would be my fourth). It’s a Polynesian
style flower, all in black. It’s small and on the interior of my ankle so most
people won’t even notice it there. To me it is a reminder of the importance of
my marriage and a reminder of our trips together without any kids. So now I
have one tattoo that’s just for me (Real
Live Woman), one that represents the kids (my first one on my wrist which has
three flowers and a heart) and one to represent Brian and I. Maybe I’m done now???
Not sure.
We ended up back at the Sushi place for dinner. There’s not many restaurants here- mostly
there are food trucks and they all close by 6 so there’s not a ton of options. But this place was really
good when we ate there a few nights ago so we went back and this time tried
several different kinds of sushi. Yum.. Now we are back at the tent for our
last night here. The alarm is set for 5AM. No texts from the airline yet
letting us know the flight is delayed so we’re holding onto hope that we will
depart on time at 9AM tomorrow morning as planned. I’m bummed I never got to
see Melissa and ask her about her job filming Survivor… but maybe we will be
back here someday with the kids. This
has been our favorite trip so far and we can definitely imagine coming back to
visit the North Shore again in the not too distant future.
No comments:
Post a Comment