There's no time of year I like better than Orange October.
The days are getting shorter. It's still dark when I have to wake the kids for school. It gets dark earlier and earlier and I find myself thinking it must be 9PM when in reality it hasn't even hit 730. School conferences are coming up and with those come the Book Fair. Halloween decorations are appearing around the neighborhood. The trees are beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow and the leaves crunch under our feet in these weeks just before our breath starts to show in the morning air.
But the best part? The Giants. Long evenings spent watching baseball. This is our 3rd Giants World Series since the kids were born. We are all getting spoiled.
Update: Approximately 53,000 hours of baseball viewing later, the GIANTS WON THEIR 3RD SERIES IN 5 YEARS!! So much fun. I loved every second of it. Sheila and Wayne were here for part of it and Mom watched every game. Pablo is a rockstar. Hunter Pence is a crazy person- watching him play is just a blast. And Bumgarner? He rode a horse in the parade. So great.
No comments:
Post a Comment