Jun 16, 2006

Goodbye Sycamore

Today was a tough goodbye. I have worked at Sycamore for ten years, have made countless friends, and have learned so much along the way. What a great place to have called home. Walking through those gates for the last time was hard. Still, despite a few tears (OK... so at one point I needed a friend to bring me a box of kleenex and was actually babbling) I am excited to be done with school for now and am ready to get this adventure started! We are down to 6 days in the hotel and can't wait to be on our way to Tahoe, then Boise. Brian appears to have a job on the horizon but won't start until after the first week of August. Six weeks of vacation together as a family does not happen very often and we are really looking forward to it!

Tanner miraculously recovered from whatever was causing him to scream endlessly for four days as soon as Brian returned from Boise. Coincidence? Brian thinks not. He is back to being his smiley self. He is very close to crawling and we have to be VERY careful when he is on our bed as he rolls and rolls and rolls. Just a few minutes ago I heard Brian yell from the bedroom. I ran in and found that he was holding- just barely- onto Tanner's foot- Tanner dangling off the side of the bed. He loves his food and is starting to feed himself cheerios and anything else he can get his hands on. Jake is a swimming fool these days. Tonight he learned how to jump off the side (with floaties) without someone "catching" him- a giant leap for water confidence, I think. This morning on the way to school he saw a cow all alone in a field. He commented that he was a "sad cow" and that he must be "lonely". He continued on, saying that the daddy cow was probably jumping over the moon. I tell ya, that kid keeps us entertained. Tired, but entertained.

No comments: