Hello All. This post is actually coming from the office in the new house. I went out and bought a desk chair yesterday and it's the only furniture here right now, so while I was sitting down I thought I would catch up on the updates. The drive up was beautiful and quick. Once you get outside of Reno, it's two lanes, desert and no cell phone service almost all the way there. The drive took me 10.5 hours from Livermore to here, pretty much non-stop. If you are looking for a more scenic route (albeit slower), you can take 1 up (down?) the coast to Portland and over, which, if you are not a fan of scrubrush, I would recommend.
I am here this week to try and get some things set-up. I have been pretty successful so far; we have a lawn mower (and a mowed lawn), a fridge, freezer and washer/dryer, cable service and internet, a pool access code and mailbox service (almost). I also got in two job interviews here, dropped off Jakes pre-school registration, and signed him up for swim lessons at the community pool, so all in all a very productive trip.
I still very much like the area, so no buyers remorse here. It is a little bit more like the mid-west weather wise (hail the size of golfballs yesterday for about 15 minutes, followed by thunderstorms etc.) It's raining today but is nice otherwise.
Unfortunately, as Murphy would have it, Marisa is having a tough time with the boys. Tanner is teething or sick or just pissed off and has been inconsolable since I left (could be he misses Daddy...). He has been such an easy baby so far that this is kind of out of the blue. Plus she's there with both boys and Milo in the hotel room and trying to finish the school year with no sleep......honey I feel so bad I am not there to help, I will be home soon. We've both been doing the single parent thing lately and are both amazed that people who are acutally single parents survive the process. I don't know how I would make it with out Marisa's help with the boys on a regular basis. To the single parents out there...I am in awe, you are much stronger than me.
Marisa and I are both kind of ready for this transition phase to be over. It is great to be able to visit with our friends and stay in touch with the area, but our lives have been on hold for six weeks now and we are ready to get going again. We leave for a week or so (we don't know when the furniture is coming just yet) in Truckee on Thursday the 22, so one week left.....
Talk to you soon - Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment