Aug 31, 2008

Faith- 18 months

I really find it impossible to believe that my little girl has been with us for a year and a half already. She is growing up way too fast and it's a good thing that more babies are not an option because as much as I love the little girl she is growing into, I miss the baby girl I had. It's not that I want another infant- my god we have enough sleep issues in this household- it's more that the time is just going too quickly and I want to hit a pause button.

This is what she is up to:
She is spunky and cuddly and talkative. She can be a brute, has a scowl that would scare a wrestler, and copies everything her brothers do and say. Her favorite game is "Mama, Find Me!" in which she stands in a corner (in plain sight) with her hands over her eyes and yells, "Mama, find me!" repeatedly until I acknowledge her and come scoop her up in my arms. She is a baseball fan, too. She saw her daddy and brothers heading outside this morning with their gear and she ran to the cupboard and grabbed her mitt and ball and tagged along. She loves to play catch and is absolutely delighted when the ball happens to fall into her mitt. She giggles a lot, is strong willed to a fault, and her favorite word continues to be "MINE!". She hates to wear socks or shoes. She loves to push the baby stroller around the kitchen, chasing her brothers. She has learned to eat with a fork and spoon, often picks up books to "read" to herself, and tells us when she is ready to go "nigh-nigh" (still with Sprinkles and Blankey). She loves to give us kisses- making huge "
kiss" noises and running between her daddy, me, Jake, and Tanner to dole them out liberally.

Faith is one loved little girl. Her brothers continue to dote- often coming in while I am rocking her to sleep- kissing her head, stroking her hair, and murmuring things like, "You're my best girl, Faithy. Sleep tight!". Seriously, sometimes it is so Rockwellian it is funny. (However, should you believe for one minute that our household is ACTUALLY Rockwellian, you only need to read several other recent posts to see how much more it resembles a Dali painting than anything else- surreal and strange, a little crazy, but kind of cool at the same time!).

No comments: