There were a lot of kids from Jake's school there, so he had a lot of friends to run with. His PE teacher Mr. Perotto was there as well, he is an awesome teacher and one of Jake's favorties, so Jake got to see him outside of the school setting which he really loved.
Jake did great. He ran the whole mile and
sprinted the last 100 yards or so. I didn't know what to expect when we started out as we had never tried anything like this bfore, but I was so proud of him. He just put his head down and went. Never a complaint, never a whimper, at the end he got his gold medal (which he is so proud of, it is already hanging in his room above his desk). We got a water and headed back to
meet Marisa and the Kids.
They stood on Harrison and cheered us on as we ran by. You can run in the race as young as four, so I think next year, we will have two participants. Tanner and Faith both cheered for us as we ran by. I didn't see them until I heard Faith yell, "Hi Dad!" and saw them on the curb. Jake had a great time and is raring to do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment