Things I actually wrote down because I didn't want to forget to post about them:
1. I was reading the dire predictions regarding global warming in a book that Marisa had gotten for me as a Chistmas present, you know flooding, freezing, more extreme weather etc. Tanner was listening in and his verbatim response, "Wow, that's cool Dad". If it's a wreck of a planet we're leaving him, he doesn't seem too concerned about it.
2. We went over to visit Cori before she left to go back to CA and caught her while she was doing her laundry. She had the ironing board set up and we sat and talked for a few minutes before Jake spoke up, gesturing to the ironing board and said, "Hey Dad, what's this thing for?". I may do the laundry here, but I do NOT iron. We don't own an iron, much less an ironing board. If you want something pressed in this house, get a job and take it to the dry cleaners.
3. Jake stayed home from school sick for three days right before we left for Christmas (how sick he ACTUALLY was is open to debate). But he "rested" on the couch while I worked in the office. He is quite the sports fan and will watch old college football games on ESPN classic etc. But I came out from the office and saw him watch, two COMPLETE....Spanish Cup Soccer Games (yes in Spanish)....from the 1998 Spanish Soccer Cup. I don't know if he was sick, but man he MUST have been bored.
I love the dichotomy of kids....they're either cracking you up, or driving you insane.
No comments:
Post a Comment