May 29, 2009

Another Season Come and Gone

We finished up our T-Ball season last week with our last game and party. It was a great season and a lot of fun, but as usual when it comes around I am ready for it to be done. It is a lot of work to keep 11 tired but yet still hyper kids focused (I truly don't know how teachers do it, I would collapse into a pool of bourbon....or kill someone...).

We had a great group of kids this year, with a lot of talent and enough internal good behavior 
genes (or fear of their coach yelling) to keep them from laying down in the field, or picking daisies, or looking for bugs when they should be paying attention. If there was a score kept, we would have finished an undefeated season. We had the best hitters in the league as a whole and we made the only put outs at 1st of any game I saw.

We'll see what sport is up next. Both boys are making noise about hockey, there is a tennis camp this summer, and Jake is all ready to sign up for football for next season. But I am out of coaching until Tanner hits T-Ball in the 2011 season.

No comments: