Sep 20, 2009

More Weekends Like This

That's what I need. Although maybe if I had this great of weekends more frequently it wouldn't seem as great when I had them. You know? Or maybe they would. All I know is Saturday was about as close to perfect as it could get. There was the morning coffee out on the front steps watching the kids collect pill bugs and root on the bike/run racers that were going by our house for the YMCA Duathlon. There was the weekly trip to the grocery store (our date time) where the kids play in their FREE daycare while we shopped together. There was the fact that Jake had a four hour playdate with his best friend- at THEIR house. The fact that I read while Faith napped, worked out, and played blocks with Tanner. The fact that it felt like fall- but was still warm with clear blue skies. But the day was really topped off with the One Year Anniversary of the Merc Party next door. The whole neighborhood was out. Among other things there were jumpy houses, live music, good food, wine tasting, what seemed like hundreds of kids, and time to talk to friends. The boys all camped in the back yard with Brian while Faith and I had a girls' night sleepover in my bed. Sunday was a little less idyllic because the kids were tired, but the fact that all of them went to bed early (at 6:45!) without a single peep made it another perfect day.

Tonight- on the first official day of Fall- we took a walk around the neighborhood with me waxing poetic about the leaves crunching and changing color and the "chill" in the air and I turned to Tanner and said, "Isn't this a great? This is the first day of autumn!" and he looked and me and, missing the point, said, "So does that make tomorrow the next day of autumn?"

Happy Fall to Everyone!

No comments: