
Well we're three games into Jake's Rookie League season and he's doing amazingly well so far. It's a pitching machine league, and when I got Jake in front of the machine over the winter he struggled keeping up with it, so I was prepared for a tough start to the season at least, but not so. He's 5-6 so far and batting .833 with 3 RBI. His one ground out last night was a well hit ball that drove in a run.The team is doing well also, havingwon two games and tied the third. They are having a blast. They are rotating positions, but so far Jake has thrown a runner out from 2nd base and tagged out a runner out at third. He's playing a little catcher as well which he seems to enjoy.
I'm liking this season and league better than T-Ball also. I don't know why, but I love the fact that they keep score. There aren't posted standings, but I just like to know if they are winning or losing. I wouldn't have guessed that would have mattered to me, but I do enjoy it. I am also liking "Assistant Coaching". You run the machine for your own teams, so I have been feeding pitches for our hitters (always in fear that I'm going to strike Jake out) and running the 3rd base side defense. I don't have to deal with the kids in the dugout which was always the worst and there's no logistics to have to deal with. I just show up at game time and help out. Next year I'm back to coaching T-Ball for Tanner, so this is a nice break.
Today we have to get Jake signed up for football (which runs from August to October) this morning, then Tanner has a soccer game, then Jake has a make-up baseball game then we are heading to the Steelheads playoff hockey game downtown tonight, so it's gonna be a busy day, but it should be a lot of fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment