So the little kids daycare provider is off on her honeymoon next week, so obviously the day care is closed for that week. That left us two choices:
1) Stay home and try to work full time jobs with Tanner and Faith home all day next week, trying to farm them out as much as possible without resorting to massive amounts of televison and dealing with the enormous parental guilt that would surely develop, as it always does. "How do stay-at-home parents do this?" morphing quickly into, "Is there something wrong with us that we're going crazy?"which always leads to the two of us inventing things to fight about just to deal with our raw nerve endings by the end of the week.
OR
2) Hit the road! We're not paying for day care this week so there's a little bit of found money there, which we have decided to burn thru in gasoline. We're going to Vegas BABY! We went to Las Vegas on our honeymoon and have always had a soft spot in our hearts for Sin City. Since neither of us drink (well.... not much), gamble, or smoke it seems an odd choice but we have been trying to figure out how/when to get back for years. Again, some parents would have picked Disney something, but we're going someplace you get free porn handed to you on every corner. That says A LOT about us as parents I am sure, but I'm so excited I don't even care.
We're meeting Auntie Sue and Grandma Mary in Vegas for a twisted sort of Mother's Day celebration thing. Adjoining rooms- and for once we won't be outnumbered by the kids! We'll post when we get back, but we're going to hit some shows, see a minor league baseball game (the Las Vegas 51's) and eat a bunch of bad food. I'm so excited I can't wait.
See you when we get back!
No comments:
Post a Comment