Sleeping arrangements were a challenge: Two double beds. Double. Brian and I are used to a King. And the kids wanted to sleep with us (bad habit we started a long time ago). So... Faith volunteered to sleep on the floor between the beds. Once again proving to be braver than either of her weenie brothers. So Jake and Brian took one bed, Tanner and I took the other. It was late by the time the game ended. Faith was NOT TIRED, as evidenced by her singing loudly from the center of the room, talking to herself, and just generally playing between the beds. Finally she fell asleep around 10:30.
Then, 2:30 we were all awakened by a muffled terrified screaming of "Mama! Mama!!" Groggy, I looked down on the floor to find Faith and after some light adjustment found that she was nowhere in sight. Slightly panicked but still half asleep I poked around down in the blankets, still hearing her muffled cries. Now I was really worried. I woke Brian up to see if she had climbed into bed with him. Nope. Finally we figured out that she had rolled under Brian's bed. All the way under. There was a bed skirt so she was completely hidden from sight and she was a good 12-24 inches under there. I pulled her out with some effort and calmed her down. I figured she would want to sleep with me in the bed so I put her in between Tanner and I. Nope. She cried and wanted to be back on the floor. Very brave girl. Still, there was little sleep to be had from that point on. Brian and the boys went downstairs around 7 to get me a Mother's Day latte and we departed for Las Vegas soon after.
BTW.... Utah lost the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment