Jun 30, 2011

After All This Time....

...I should know better. A little background:

Marisa is out of town this week in Las Vegas and I have all three kids (plus a friend) for most of the day and evenings. This week we have had football practice one night and swim lessons two nights, so I am a little bit frazzled, and not the most patient father to begin with.

Next. Eggo toaster waffles are regular items on our daily menu. We buy the big boxes almost every week and it's a rare day that goes by when someone doesn't have waffles with syrup for a meal or a waffle and peanut butter sandwich. So anyway, that's all background for this mornings exchange with Faith.

She said she wanted a peanut butter/waffle sandwich...fine. She won't eat a whole one and a 1/2 one isn't enough (she's hungry 10 minutes later). Tanner was having waffles with syrup, so genius Dad figures, okay I'll make her 3/4 of a sandwich, throw the extra pieces in with Tanners waffle and thus solve the problem. Now, it's not like I cured cancer or anything, but I was feeling a bit proud of my creativity. Not wanting any issues I thought that I should explain that I expected her to eat the whole thing. Here's the dialog, verbatim:

Dad: "Faith, I made you a three quarters sandwich, I want you to eat the entire thing"

Faith immediately starts crying.

Dad: "Faith, what? Why are you crying?"

Faith (sobbing): " But Daddy I said I wanted a PEANUT BUTTER sandwich"

Jesus.



No comments: