Sep 24, 2011

Faith Starts Soccer

After many weeks of anticipation Faith started soccer last Saturday. She must have asked me 100 times in the last 30 days, "Mom, is today the day I start soccer???". She has been so excited and has said things like, "Will you and Daddy watch me play like you watch Jake and Tanner when they play baseball?". As soon as she mentioned her interest in playing we took her out to get her gear: pink cleats, pink soccer shorts, purple ball, shin guards. I figured I'd take advantage of this break from her wanting to be a "cheerlead" and run with it!

She loved her first day on the field! It was great because her coach turns out to be the same guy that coached Jake's summer football team- the one that was a counselor up at Family Camp- so she was familiar with him and unafraid. She ran a lap, did warm ups, did lots of drills, and loved all of it. As soon as it was over she ran over and asked me when she gets to go back. In fact, this morning (Day 2 of soccer) the very first words out of her mouth were, "Mom, don't forget my water bottle. I'm playing soccer today!".

We have to divide and conquer today: I am taking Jake to football while Brian gets to watch his daughter play soccer. They get to have a little "father/daughter bonding" time with a stop to get donuts first- which Faith is almost as excited about as she is about soccer.

No comments: