We decided to celebrate Tanner's birthday in conjunction with Mom's birthday on Sunday night. He was, not uncharacteristically, pretty low key about the whole thing. I mean he didn't really care what kind of cake we got and he didn't drive us crazy for days asking us when he could open presents. But I think he had a really good time and truly liked everything he got. Brian and I surprised him with a bike/skateboard ramp like the one the kids down the street have. He hadn't asked for it on his birthday wish list but we were pretty sure he'd be thrilled. Brian caught the expression on his face- which was priceless. He also loved his new Reezig shoes (thanks, Grandma Mary!), Under Armor gear (Thanks, Auntie Sue!), and Happy Napper (Thanks, Nana!)
Yes, he has become quite the "brand name" guy-asking specifically for Under Armor and Reeboks. Happy Nappers commercials are shown each morning when they have TV time so I knew that was a "must have" as he's been asking for one for about a year! We sang happy birthday and he blew out the candles on the cake we bought that morning. He, however, didn't want cake, preferring to eat the last bit of his chocolate football that was sent in his "Happy Thanksgiving Package" from Grandma Mary last week!
I've been telling him since his last birthday that he is not allowed to turn six. I joke with him that he better still cuddle with me when he is 6 and 16 and 60. He snuggled up to me on the couch later that night and said, "See, Mom? I'm six and I still will cuddle with you whenever you want!". Let's see if he will still be such a love at 16! I can only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment