May 25, 2012
The Last One
My baby girl "graduated" from pre-school last week. My last one. She and Tanner were both blessed, truly blessed, with an amazing teacher and program. It was everything I remember preschool being (complete with the wedding dress in the dress up area) and everything I think preschool should be- more playing and less direct teaching. She grew so much during those two years and went from crying everyday at drop off to happily waving goodbye and running off to play with her friends, barely noticing I was gone. Those years, like all of them, went by way too fast and I think I'd do them all over again if I had the choice. Next year she will be joining her brothers at "the big school" and even though she can't wait, I am not in such a hurry for that day to get here. I know she will do great but I think I will go straight from dropping her off in Ms. Schubert's room to attending the annual "Tea and Tissues" event for Kindergarten parents. I've never needed the tissues before, always knowing I had one more to go. But not this year. This year will be the last one. And I have a feeling I'm going to need a large supply of those tissues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment