Our traditional bike ride by the Boise River to Joe's Crab Shack and Ann Morrison Park couldn't happen this year due to the flooding on the river so we had to make other plans. Luckily it was a gorgeous day. I slept in late (while Brian made the kids pancakes) then stopped for coffee on the way to the park. We hung out and played baseball and relaxed in the sun. We bought lunch supplies on the way home and while Brian fixed the kids lunch I took a nap (do we see a theme here?). Later we all went to the pool and BBQ'd hotdogs for dinner. The kids bounced on the trampoline, I enjoyed a nice cool beverage, and a good day was had by all. I ended the day with my weekly "date with Jeff Probst" for the Survivor Finale (Yes, as pathetic as it is, I am still watching that show 25 seasons in!).
I know I have posted the words to this song (by Rascal Flats) previously but I heard it the day before Mothers Day on the radio and I think it's worth an encore. Every time I hear it I am reminded of what success as a mom looks like. And, like all moms, I hope this wish comes true for each of them.
The Wish
I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,
But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.
But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment