May 22, 2006

What I've Learned...

I've learned that pregnancy and moving have a lot in common: They both cause heartburn, indigestion, weight gain, slight but constant nausea, exhaustion, niggling worries of "What are we thinking?" and "Are you sure this is the right thing to do in our lives right now?"; they both require a sense of adventure, a release of control, teamwork, and a willingness to explore the unknown; and they both produce something wonderful at the end of a lot of hard work.


Our first night in the hotel went seamlessly- we ALL slept from 8:30-6:00 without interruption. After breakfast at the hotel, I headed back to the house to meet the movers. Miraculously, they arrived on time. Although they all look like they recently made an escape from the local prison, they seemed nice enough. I guess I just have faith that the things they are loading up won't end up on the black market somewhere. I couldn't watch them load all of our stuff so I went back to the- clean- hotel room (Boy, having a maid clean up after us every day for a month is going to be NICE!) to relax a little before picking up TJ for his six month appt.

More updates as things happen. For now, both Brian and I can be reached on cell phone only.
Love to everyone.

No comments: